Omegon 150/750 eq-3 Omegon N 150/750 · karimahmad2004 · ... · 3 · 66 · 0

karimahmad2004 0.00
· 
Hello everyone, I have this Newtonian Reflector telescope and I am willing to start taking planetary images and maybe some deep sky objects, what accessories do you suggest I buy? Do you suggest buying a tracking motor?
KaiLinde 0.00
· 
Hi!

I used the telescope on a Skywatcher EQ 6 R Pro. I didn't photograph planets but deep sky objects with a Canon EOS 70D. You definitely need an adapted focuser, otherwise you won't find the focus point. You definitely need automatic tracking for deep sky objects.

CS
hartmann 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Hi, I believe this Newtonian isnt really made for photography. I remember I tried to use a Canon DSLR and I could not get it to focus. It may be different with a different camera like a tiny planetary or when you use a barlow lens but I never tried that. I ultimately ended up getting a 200/800 Newton which is also not very expensive but designed for photography from the beginning (2-inch focusser, secondary mirror calculated and positioned appropriately and so on).
KaiLinde 0.00
· 
Carpe Noctem Astronomical Observations:
Hi, I believe this Newtonian isnt really made for photography. I remember I tried to use a Canon DSLR and I could not get it to focus. It may be different with a different camera like a tiny planetary or when you use a barlow lens but I never tried that. I ultimately ended up getting a 200/800 Newton which is also not very expensive but designed for photography from the beginning (2-inch focusser, secondary mirror calculated and positioned appropriately and so on).

What you say is absolutely right. I also only used it as a beginner's test telescope. I had 3D printed a shorter focuser to find the focus but it had a lot of tilt.

Register or login to create to post a reply.