Help with Asiair Pro ZWO ASIair Pro · Abdul Thomas Jnr · ... · 36 · 719 · 3

ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Barrington Russell:
Next step is to try and restore the firmware with the following instructions: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/manuals/How_to_Restore_ASIAIR_OS.pdf

*** Don't i have to contact zwo first for a new licence or can i just proceed with this? Sorry I'm really not into the technical stuff***
barringtonrussell 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Abdul Thomas Jnr:
Barrington Russell:
Next step is to try and restore the firmware with the following instructions: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/manuals/How_to_Restore_ASIAIR_OS.pdf

*** Don't i have to contact zwo first for a new licence or can i just proceed with this? Sorry I'm really not into the technical stuff***

These days you can just enter your serial number (on the device) here: https://asiair.en.zwo.biz/#/license and get the QR code
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Barrington Russell:
Abdul Thomas Jnr:
Barrington Russell:

These days you can just enter your serial number (on the device) here: https://asiair.en.zwo.biz/#/license and get the QR code

*** So after these steps the asiair should work?***
barringtonrussell 0.00
· 
Well, let's see! If it's a software problem, probably. If not, contact ZWO
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Barrington Russell:
Well, let's see! If it's a software problem, probably. If not, contact ZWO

*** Okay thank you***
lain402 0.00
· 
·  1 like
The more I read this thread, the more I start thinking that the OP issue may not be SD card or OS related. 

You should have LED turning on even without SD inserted. 

Remove the SD card and ALL (!)  accessories from the ASIAIR then plug it to a 12v power supply that you are sure is working properly ( can test on another device ). Don’t assume the power source is working without testing it ! 

If LEDs don’t turn on, you know your issue is probably hardware related. (bad electric contact, fried motherboard, humidity or water damage…) 

I’ve opened my ASIAIR PRO once, just to see how it was made inside. It was quite easy actually and possible water damages should be also easy to notice (corrosion...). 

In case it’s an hardware issue, any good electronic repair shop should be able to repair it without having to send it back to ZWO.
Edited ...
barringtonrussell 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
True, underpowering the device can also cause odd issues. I echo the poster above, first try it with everything disconnected from USB - just the Air alone, on a known working DC power source.
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Zwo got back to me last night and they said to try the restoring process first with a new sd card which I have ordered and if that don't work i should buy a PI4 b board to replace the one on the asiair which sounds big to me. Doing that I would probably cause more damage. So I'll just try the restoring process and if that doesn't work then I'm gonna have to get a new asiair pro/plus and make sure I back it up this time
EdFromNH 0.90
· 
·  1 like
Abdul Thomas Jnr:
Zwo got back to me last night and they said to try the restoring process first with a new sd card which I have ordered and if that don't work i should buy a PI4 b board to replace the one on the asiair which sounds big to me. Doing that I would probably cause more damage. So I'll just try the restoring process and if that doesn't work then I'm gonna have to get a new asiair pro/plus and make sure I back it up this time

Replacing the boards is super easy is you have to. Just a few screws to open and remove the board. I had to take mine apart when I broke the power switch.  You could do it if you have to, have faith.  But hopefully you won’t have to.
astrodad1954 3.31
· 
·  1 like
If you suspect moisture might be responsible for this problem I highly recommend taking the unit apart and being sure it is dry before turning it back on. That's what I do whenever I suspect water. I had several electronic devices get literally soaked in a sudden rainstorm and I opened them and dried them thoroughly and none of them fried.  Be sure it is dry then try the juice.
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Abdul Thomas Jnr:

Replacing the boards is super easy is you have to. Just a few screws to open and remove the board. I had to take mine apart when I broke the power switch.  You could do it if you have to, have faith.  But hopefully you won’t have to.

*** Thank you ***
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Marc Whitsett:
If you suspect moisture might be responsible for this problem I highly recommend taking the unit apart and being sure it is dry before turning it back on. That's what I do whenever I suspect water. I had several electronic devices get literally soaked in a sudden rainstorm and I opened them and dried them thoroughly and none of them fried.  Be sure it is dry then try the juice.

*** Thanks will open it up ***

Register or login to create to post a reply.