ASI2600MC Duo compatibility with OTAs ZWO ASI2600MC Pro · Andrew Rambaut · ... · 4 · 532 · 0

rambaut 1.20
· 
I am wondering if anyone has experience of the 2600MC Duo (the one with the built-in guide sensor). Looking at the ZWO website it shows a 44mm diameter circle to fully enclose the guide sensor. It would probably still work fine with a smaller image circle as it just needs to get some stars onto the sensor. 

Clearly this will work great with any OTA that provides a fullframe image circle but some of mine are only rated for a smaller sensor. It would be great if anyone who uses one of the cameras could post what telescope they use it with to get an idea of what will work.
Boxyproxy 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
Hi Andrew,

I use the Duo with my Celestron Edge HD 8"
With the 0.7 reducer the illumination circle is around 30mm.
WIth this setup the guide chip only gets partially illuminated, but it is still working fine.
You need brighter stars however and at that focal length it can happen, that there is no guid star available. In that case I switch to another guide cam.

I would say the setup isn't optimal, but its just working.

I have no other experiences. And since the weather has bin cloudy for month, I have only been able to test this setup like three times.
​​​​​​
​​
rambaut 1.20
· 
Thanks Lukas, that is useful information. I also have an EdgeHD8 and it can be difficult to find guide stars in the OAG when pointed at a small object so likely to also be an issue with the Duo.  Sounds more promising for wider field scopes though - RASA8 has a 36mm image circle from the specs so might work. It would be nice not to have a guide scope on this.
Dad_Eh 0.00
· 
Hi Andrew
Cam across your post and caught my attention. Did you make a decision on this camera?
I only ask as I currently have the C925XLT and have enslaved myself to the ZWO peripherals, including the ASI533MC PRO. I’ve decided to go deeper and have ordered the ASI2600MC DUO and was concerned with the question you posed, therefore I’m going with the Starizona Hyperstar c925 V4 to alleviate the guide thing (I believe) and gain so much more potential. This can also be combined with the ASI533 MC PRO also.
Have you considered same route? Please note, I am no expert but research shows it should work very well for guiding, FINGERS CROSSED 😂😂😂 or I’ll be conferring with my law after my wife files for divorce 😬
AstroDinsk 0.00
· 
Hi, I'm successfully using ZWO ASI2600MC duo with telescope Askar 107PHQ, with lens Samyang 135 F/2.0 I had problems with the shape of the stars, but perhaps I just chose the wrong focal length

Register or login to create to post a reply.