OGMA AP26CC first impressions OGMA AP26CC · fab · ... · 3 · 167 · 2

fab 0.00
· 
I had a first chance to test my new OGMA AP26CC over the last nights and want to share some of my early impressions.

I bought the camera from Germany and have to say that I was very happy with the support I got from Ogma.
Transport worked within a few days.

I bought the camera together with filter holder and a tilter and everything was packaged securely and arrived in perfect condition.
Due to the terrible weather I only had 3 clear nights for tests so far but I'm really satisfied with the results from what I can say after some initial processing.
The Driver worked fine with Sharpcap and Nina and I had no issues at all to setup the camera.
Cooling worked fast and reliable and the fan is so quiet that I didn't hear anything.

Overall I would recommend looking into this camera - getting it delivered to Germany (and probably the same for the rest of the EU) was also absolutely no problem.
jewzaam 3.01
· 
I usually don't post things like reviews but figure I'd piggy back on this.

I've had my OGMA AP26CC since fall last year and have only good things to say about it.  I live in the Raleigh NC area and Juan Martinez, the owner of OGMA, is a member of the astronomy club here.  Great guy and great company.  He really cares about the product is ships and it shows!  I've had the camera on a Rokinon 135mm lens so far and I love it.
WhooptieDo 9.82
· 
Juan's customer service is top notch.  The cameras are great.  It's no secret they're Touptek cameras, but he sets himself apart when he designed and built the O'tilter tilt plate.  That single tool is a life saver and makes things so much easier when it comes to initial setup.

As an example of his commitment to customer service, my AP26MC developed an issue with the AR window somewhat delaminating due to what we figured was a faulty window heater.   Juan replaced it, no questions asked, no waiting for an RMA from China, unlike other brands.    I've heard horror stories of getting QHY cameras fixed, waiting over 6 months at times.   Juan's US based support sets him apart as well. 

The cameras work great, the support is top notch.  I have owned both the AP26CC and the AP26MC and I love them.
Dcolam 3.31
· 
·  1 like
If I may chime in, I also bought the OSC AP26CC to combine with HaOIII and SIIOIII dualband filters of Antlia and the 135mm Rokinon. The O'Tilter, accessories and price were the primary determining factor to go for this camera. I am still trying to figure out the Gain and Offset but so far I am really happy with it.

IMG-20240512-WA0005.jpg20240309_120343.jpg

Register or login to create to post a reply.